We are seeking an Application Support Engineer to join our Product and Managed Services team in Brisbane.
The role is to provide level 3 application and operational support across a number of applications developed and managed by Intelligent Pathways. You will work collaboratively with our other support personnel, development and operations teams across a variety of cloud technologies.
Excellent communication and collaboration skills are essential as this role has a strong customer focus. This is very much an ‘all rounder’ position that would suit a self starter.
Flexibility in work from home and office time.
- Provide day-to-day application and database support
- Provide incident and problem solving support, including participation in a 24×7 on call support roster
- Liaise with customers and third party organisations connected with our solutions
- Collaborate with development teams in fixing bugs and implementing enhancements
- Implementation and refinement of support playbooks and other support triage documentation
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year full time application support experience
- Experience with databases – SQL queries
- Version control – Git
- Understanding of application deployment patterns – web applications, serverless, containers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to own and resolve problems with well developed troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Java 8+, Spring framework, JPA/Hibernate, Tomcat
- Experience with tools such as – Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, OpsGenie
- Experience with AWS services – including Cloudwatch, RDS, DynamoDB, EC2
- Experience with Azure technologies
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL, Oracle Databases
What’s in it for you
- Opportunity to increase knowledge in AWS and Azure cloud technologies, as well as mature your development skills.
- Be mentored by senior developers and cloud engineers.