Intelligent Pathways CEO signs up for the 2014 Vinnies Sleepout
On the 19th of June 2014 Intelligent Pathways CEO, Peter Robertson, will call the Courier-Mail Piazza home for one night when he takes part in the Vinnies CEO Sleepout.
Peter has participated in the event for the last three years and finds the experience both humbling and rewarding. The key thing Peter has taken away from being involved with the event is that “homelessness is a much broader issue than the stereotypical bum on the street - unfortunate circumstances or bad decisions could result in any one of us being homeless.”
There are more than 100,000 Australians who find themselves homeless each night of the year. Just under half of these are women; a quarter are under the age of 18.
Support this very worthy cause by sponsoring Peter here.
Here’s how your donation can help:
- $50 can provide a meal and educational resource for a disadvantaged child.
- $100 can help ensure a family keeps its power on this winter.
- $200 provides emergency accommodation and food to a family in crisis.
- $500 could relocate and establish a homeless person into one of the Society’s homeless accommodation services.
- $1,000 would pay the rent for a family facing eviction from their home.
Visit the event website for more information on the Vinnies CEO Sleepout.