Intelligent Pathways CEO signs up for Vinnies Sleepout
Intelligent Pathway's CEO Peter Robertson will again 'rise to the challenge' by sleeping rough under Brisbane's Story Bridge when he takes part in St Vincent de Paul Society's national CEO Sleepout on Thursday 22 June.
Peter has participated in the event for 5 years previously and finds the experience both humbling and rewarding. The key thing Peter has taken away from being involved with the event is that “homelessness is a much broader issue than the stereotypical bum on the street - unfortunate circumstances or bad decisions could result in any one of us being homeless. This is great initiative to be involved in and Vinnies does a terrific job raising much-needed funds and awareness for the growing problem of homelessness in Australia. Please sponsor me for this very worthy cause. ”
Peter hopes to raise over $5,000. All contributions are gratefully received, no mater the amount. To support this worthy cause sponsor Peter here.
Most Australians are only two pay cheques away from being homeless,and every dollar the Vinnies CEO Sleepout has raised helps provide crucial assistance to people experiencing homelessness. Together with your support, we are able to change the lives of everyday Australians who have fallen on hard times. People like Kevin.
Here’s how your donation can help:
- $50 can provide a meal and educational resource for a disadvantaged child.
- $100 can help ensure a family keeps its power on this winter.
- $200 provides emergency accommodation and food to a family in crisis.
- $500 could relocate and establish a homeless person into one of the Society’s homeless accommodation services.
- $1,000 would pay the rent for a family facing eviction from their home.
Visit Vinnies CEO Sleepout for more information.