Intelligent Pathways CEO signs up for the 2015 Vinnies Sleepout
On the 18th of June 2015 Intelligent Pathways CEO, Peter Robertson, will call the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane home for one night when he takes part in the Vinnies CEO Sleepout.
Peter has participated in the event for the last four years and finds the experience both humbling and rewarding. The key thing Peter has taken away from being involved with the event is that “homelessness is a much broader issue than the stereotypical bum on the street - unfortunate circumstances or bad decisions could result in any one of us being homeless.”
The latest figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics show that 105,237 people in Australia are experiencing homelessness, with 60% of those under the age of 35. Perhaps surprising to many people is that 44% of these are women, 13% are under the age of 12.
Support this very worthy cause by sponsoring Peter here.
Here’s how your donation can help:
- $50 can provide a meal and educational resource for a disadvantaged child.
- $100 can help ensure a family keeps its power on this winter.
- $200 provides emergency accommodation and food to a family in crisis.
- $500 could relocate and establish a homeless person into one of the Society’s homeless accommodation services.
- $1,000 would pay the rent for a family facing eviction from their home.
Visit the event website for more information on the Vinnies CEO Sleepout.