The Client is the loyalty subsidiary of a major international airline. It has over 12 million members who are rewarded with points across a range of categories, including travel, financial services, retail, health and wellbeing, food and wine, and small business services.
The Client needed to replace the existing technology that managed Frequent Flyer Upgrades as it was nearing end of life and had several limitations including poor performance, a lack of transparency and high complexity around business processes.
Intelligent Pathways Value
The solution needed to cater for a high number of integration points (approximately 30 web services), provide flexibility to change business rules and have high availability. Intelligent Pathways led the architecture, design and delivery of the solution which has several core components:
- Integration Layer – We installed MuleSoft Anypoint Platform as an iPaaS then migrated to an on-premise solution and we designed and developed 19 APIs to enable integration with core systems.
- Business Rules Engine – To allow business rules to be changed easily without affecting integration or business processes we implemented JBoss BRMS.
- Business Process Orchestration – We utilised Amazon Simple Workflow Service to provide control and visibility over business processes.
- Notification Service – We integrated with Whispir to enable real time SMS notifications to be sent to customers.
- Operational Intelligence – We implemented Splunk on top of the solution to provide operational intelligence for proactive application monitoring.